A Little About Me

My photo
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Hi My name is Serena also known as "Reenybeanies" I became a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator because I enjoy Stamping and Crafting. I love being part of a company that inspires my creativity with exclusive stamps and accessories! I Joined Stampin'Up! in 2004 as a Club member I loved it so much spending time with new friends just sitting and talking and of course learning new and exciting techniques so I decided to become a demonstrator so that I could teach people the exciting world of Rubber Stamps. Where you can create Cards, Scrapbook Pages, Home Decor, Books, and More! its just not a craft its a time to spend a little time on you. I also wanted the versatility of having my own home business. I love being part of a company that allows me to plan my business around my schedule. If you want more information about Stampin’ Up!’s exciting products, or about Stampin’ Up!’s unique business opportunity, please contact me either through email or by phone. I can't wait to talk to you and share some fun and exciting projects.

Friday, August 16, 2013

Fun With Thinlets Dies

 





During the Stampin' Up! Convention in July Penny Hanuszak demonstrator from Abbotsford was one of the lucky recipients of a Label Card Thinlits Die package during one of the Prize Patrols. . You can view the flyer here, but basically this is what the two Thinlits die sets look like.


 
 
So on Tuesday, I was happy to have been invited by Penny Hanuszak a Demonstrator from Abbotsford for a stamping day with her and Sheri Lee, one of Penny's downline . We had the opportunity to play with the Thinlits Die and some other great products, and had so much fun! Here are some of the Christmas themed cards we made using the Thinlits Dies. I wish you could see these in person because the photos just don't do them justice!

 
 
 
This is the one of the cards Penny made using a card base of Smokey Slate card stock that measured 5 1/2"x6". For the inside of the card she used a piece of Whisper White card stock that was embossed with the  Northen Flurry Embossing Folder and added Rhinestone Basic Jewels to pop those snowflake right off the page.
 
To  add some glam to the front of the card she used Silver Glimmer Paper that was cut out with the label die from the Label Card Thinlits set. It fits perfectly on th swing label showing a perfect 1/8" edge all round the rim of the label. Love it!
The smallest snowflake image from the new Festive Flurry Stamp Set was  stamped twice in Soft Sky ink on Whisper White and cut out with the Festive Flurry Framelit Dies.I purchased the Bundle which is shown on page 30 of the Holiday Caalogue.  It includes the stamp set and the Festive Flurry Framelits Die and I saved 15% or $12.00 off the total price. I'm glad taht I bought the bundle as teh stamps and dies work so perfectlly together and there is no fussy cutting. I wasn't really going to buy "another snowflake set this year but I kind of fallen in love with this set and I know I will be using it a lot this year for sure.
 
 
 
 
 
Here's a stunning card made by my downline Sheri Lee. I loved, loved, loved her take on this card. She chose to expand the card so the base is 5 1/2 by 8 1/2". I'll provide a picture tutorial sometime to show you how to get this perfect extension. I think it adds so much more to this card, and I probably will use this version the most when making swing cards, as it just adds so many more possibilities for design
 
 
 
 
 
Here's another card Penny made using the extended card stock measurement. I just love it because it gives some extra space to write your message on the inside. The card base is Soft Sky with touches of Smokey Slate.
 
 
 
I came up with this card adapting both Penny's and Sherri's ideas and add the Silver 1/8" Ribbon from the holiday catalogue picture doesn't really do it justice I can't wait to order my sets.
 
 
 
 
 
Here is a video on the Thinlits Dies from Stampin' Up! Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: